28.03.2015

Private Coaching at Massive Voodoo

Last month it was time to get deeper into the miracles of painting skin ,to do so I went to the Massive Voodoo Studio.
After three workshops in the last year, I felt that I would like to get a bit deeper into the matter of painting miniatures .

It was the right decission that I didn`t do the private coaching last year cause I had first to handle the impressions of all those workshops in 2014.
For the private coachinb I had to focus on a specific topic, to make sure not only to scratch the surface .

After I  found a topic of my main interest which had been  color variations into skin,  I had to decide which bust I would like to paint. This wasn`t as easy then I thought cause I `ve got a lot of different stuff at home like I think  everybody here does ;)
Here are my first choices :

                                            Sorry ,this photo is a bit dark . It's an invisible german native on the left.

I decided to take 2 bust to Augsburg , the mongole warrior and the native german .
My first choice was the warrior cause I love the sculpt and the german was a reserve if there would be time to have a look for another skintone in cold ambience, but how you gonna see later there had been none :)

The coaching started tuesday at 10 am  and after a coffee and a cigarette , we sat together and looked at some references for me to choose .
After that it was time to have some fun with colors and theory .
My first mission was to mix some skintones out of the primary  colors . It sounds boring but it was really fun to see what you can reach with just three colors and this made me feel comfortable to try palying around with color variations.




After that I took my refrence picture and mixed up my basic skintone and started to throw it on to the bust .
That worked out great , yeaaah :)
Next step was to bring in some shadows from the lightest to the darkest , the same I did with the highlights .
Between this processes  I recieved regular reflections and tipps about painting the different volumes into the right shadows and highlights ,some tricks how to handle the brush to paint eyes and so on .Meanwhile Roman and Raffa worked on their own skin projects.
Here are some wip`s

                                                                                  My wip

wip from  Raffa

                                                                              wip  from Roman

Meanwhile they introduced me how to work in some different colors to make skin more lively.
Those colors had been glazed in. Afterwards I soften them out with the main tone of the skin color.


At the end I wanna thank Raffa  & Roman  for this wonderfull private coaching . I really learned a lot and went home with a loaded brush of inspiration .
It hadn`t been just a private coaching it was also meeting of friends . Big shout out for Bene ,Raffa and Roman you guys are awesome and I am looking foward for the next meet up.


Fazit :
If you wanna force you painting skill and getting deeper into a painting topic I can absolutely recommend this private coaching .
You gonna get instructions of 2 really talented painters and teachers.
I took profit out of two different painting styles Raffa is the physicist and Roman is the romantic .
If you wanna do a private coaching in future make sure to concentrate on one topic or at most two , cause you wanna make sure to get deep into the topic you choose. Otherwise time will be to short and you just gonna scratch the surface .

Thx for your attention out there and I close with Roman`s words : Keep On Happy Painting


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dein Kommentar wird erst nach Überprüfung durch einen Moderartor frei geschaltet. Bitte habe dafür Verständnis.